Manually Populate Gallery
If you're looking to run a contest where you already have all the photos/videos and you want to manually add them to your gallery so users can view or vote on them, you'll want to user our Add Submission feature.
Since we are manually going to be populating our gallery, we only need to configure a few items first to set up our contest.
1) Create a new contest
- Add a title.
- Choose start and end dates.
- Input the # of winners.
- Scroll to Official Rules and input your rules.
2) Modify gallery settings
- Under Gallery, you only need to decide on these options at the moment:
- Gallery Sorting
- Number of images to display
- Number of images per row
- Allow sharing
- Gallery Theme
3) Modify voting settings
- Under voting, turn on user voting.
- Decide how you want users to vote.
- Decide if you want to add start/end dates for voting.
- Decide if you want to collect voter information.
- Decide if you want to show the # of votes on the gallery submissions.
Save your campaign and go back to your dashboard.
4) Add Submissions
Go to Entrants > Moderate and click on Add Submission on the right side.
An entry form will automatically popup in a new window. Simply upload your photo or add your video URL, and input a caption if needed, then click Enter.
We automatically add this entry to your contest gallery (no approval is needed).
Continue this process until you've added all of your entries to populate the gallery.
Under the entrants tab, all the submissions will show up as coming from firstname.lastname@example.org. We will only list the email address out one time.
5) Preview & Install Gallery
To preview your gallery, simply click Install on the campaign in your dashboard. Then choose Direct Link and copy the link to the gallery and preview it in another window.
If you need to make changes, simply edit your contest and make your changes.
If all looks good and you want to install this gallery to your website, then go to Install > Manually Install and copy the code for the gallery and drop it into your website.
We're here to help
Still have questions on manually populating your gallery? Simply click the support or live chat icon to get in touch with us.